Sunday, February 6, 2011

"Unleavened Bread"


Lately, I've been stressed out about so many things. From my professional path to the future of my children, many aspects of my life have vexed my spirit because I have no control over them. My difficulty, however, truly comes from balancing my faith and my own abilities to affect change in my life regarding those areas. I wonder if I'm in the right business; am I doing the right thing, and doing right by all those I come in contact with?

Deep seeded and interwoven into my soul, there's a constant tug towards greatness in something. For the past three months, I've had this peace in the mist of my rocky climb. I've been given an oasis of clear thought and expression in the desert of my journey to realize my greatness. I have a need to help people, and educate people to help them change their positions in life. It is what I truly believe I am meant to do; however, how do I align my passion, a perceived calling, financial obligations, family, and ministry?

Now, I know what you must be thinking. And yes, the above is a handful to reconcile. However, I truly believe my greatness in paired with this reconciliation. How I'm going to accomplish it, I don't know. I do know that as I continue to strive for answers and mediate my internal strife, I will continue to draw closer to the power source of life and the expectancy that it holds. I will continue to raise the bar on what's acceptable in my life. The more I am able to remove those things that make my life rise with pseudo conflicts, obstacles, and pitfalls, I will be able to see all things with a very flat and static sight which lends itself to dynamic interpretation. Like unleavened bread, life should be free of any agents giving rise to air pockets, or false priorities that may distort, or give a false sense of sustenance because of the appearance of fullness.

Life is a beautiful stroll on a rainy day filled with puddles that seek to intimidate our walk, and heavy showers that seek to cloud of vision. But the human spirit aligned with a higher power infused with the love of God is resilient. It provides shelter for our thoughts, and gives us spiritual depth perception so that we are able to step in puddles that are deep in appearance only. It allows us to continue walking without breaking our stride because of a down pour fore we know that storms break and give way to sunshine "after while".

No comments:

Post a Comment